IRT Theatre Camp
Bring theatre to life at the IRT! Children new to theatre can learn the basics in the introductory camps, while more advanced actors can sharpen their skills at our intermediate camps. For those with specialized interests, we offer camps in musical theatre, improvisation, technical theatre, and fight and movement choreography. Small class sizes, highly trained theatre professionals with teaching experience, and an inclusive environment make IRT Theatre Camp a great way to grow as an actor and person. Camps are available for students ages 8-15, as well as mini camps for students ages 5-7.
Registration is open!
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
- All students must provide proof of Covid vaccination at the time of camp enrollment. Masks will not be required this year.
- All instructors and IRT personnel have received Covid vaccination.
- Students need to bring snack, lunch and a water bottle each day. Refrigeration will be available, but not microwaves.
- This camp is welcoming to all genders, races, and abilities. Please inform us if your actor would benefit from a specific accommodation.
- Students should wear comfortable clothing with closed toed shoes that allows them to move freely. (no flip flops or sandals)
- All personal electronic devices will be securely stored until the end of each day, making the workshops tech free zones for students.
- Price is $300 per camp. $150 for mini camp.
- $25 discount per camp for children attending multiple camps or siblings attending the same camp.
- Financial aid available.
- Unless noted, workshop themes will be taught for ages 8-15 with students divided in age groups.
- Camp run Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Mini Camps run 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
NEW THIS YEAR!
- All camps will be divided into age groups 8-11, and 12-15.
- Half day mini camps for students ages 5-7.
- Technical Theatre camp to learn basics of lightings, scenes, props, and costumes.
- Intermediate Musical Theatre with advanced choreography and integrated scene work.
- All camps will present scenes at the end of the week.
- T-shirts included in price of the camps.
Please submit this registration form by either mailing to: Anna Barnett, IRT Theatre Camp, 140 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IRT Theatre Camp Registration”.
"I was a part of conservatory for at least 3 years and consider it the most influential acting training I’ve ever received. It would be an honor to be a small part of its legacy."
- Grace Morgan, Instructor
EDUCATION PROGRAMMING SUPPORT