Employment & Auditions
The Indiana Repertory Theatre (IRT), Indiana's leading professional resident not-for-profit theatre, seeks an experienced Marketing Communications Manager to work within the Marketing department to support various internal stakeholders on elements of execution of the organization’s integrated marketing plan by enhancing communications, marketing and promotions for the Theatre.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing team in design, creation and distribution of all marketing collateral including single ticket promotions and collateral for the IRT’s 9-play season
- Manage media relations including organizing press events, on and off-site interviews, arranging tickets for press partners, pitching story ideas, and creating radio spots
- Serve as the primary contact to Mail2, IRT’s e-mail marketing company, and manage e-mail marketing for the Theatre, which includes single and season ticket holder communications, and some development and education-focused initiatives
- Manage video production program/intern which promotes the 9-play-season, as well as supports fundraising initiatives and theatre-based projects
- Serve as the primary contact with L2 and oversee consistent website updates as well as occasional training and support for other departments
- Content specialist for press releases, blog, and social sites
- Oversee social media campaigns and content plan which includes content generation, segmentation and revenue tracking
- Support the IRT brand and expand patron base through single ticket events, activities, community engagement, and partnerships
- Analyze and conduct market research to identify marketing trends and best practices
- Work closely with Multimedia Coordinator on the execution of website and social plans
Other duties as determined by the Director of Marketing & Sales
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, arts administration, journalism, business, English or a related field
- Five to seven years in a marketing communications position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts including digital marketing, subscriptions, sales, promotions and ticketing
- Superior written and spoken language, copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent team player with the ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with digital and online mediums to include content creation and optimization of social media platform, press releases, website, mobile apps and e-newsletter
- Knowledge of video production and storyboarding
- Collaborative skills and success working with various constituents including operations, the board of directors, committees, sponsors, sales teams, ticket office, telemarketing, volunteers and others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura (or other ticketing software); Mail2 (or similar e-mail program); eRube (website); Google products (Forms, Sheets, Docs); Weebly or similar web building and editing platform; Facebook and Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must communicate and express oneself with media donors, business & civic leaders
RESUMES SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Danielle M. Dove, Director of Marketing & Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls.
Position Title: Bartender
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Non-exempt; part-time hourly; seasonal
The IRT’s bartender plays a vital role in a guest’s experience by providing outstanding food and beverage service. He/she must be organized and be able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure in a fast-paced environment. In taking pride in personal appearance and showing dedication to providing an exceptional service enhances the theatre experience for every guest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive two hours before curtain.
- Set up assigned bar; bar must be ready for service one hour before curtain.
- Prepare coffee and hot water service - quantity dependent on the house count and show sales.
- Set-up Danner lounge.
- Replenish water stock as it is taken from the cooler.
- Enter all sales in Square data system
- Split all tips with other bartenders.
- Manage cash banks.
- Operate cash register.
- Restock assigned bar at the end of every show.
- Break down Danner lounge and restock as needed.
- Notify Operations Manager of low inventory.
- Retrieve all dirty glasses, clean, and put into storage.
- Return cash banks with all money intact.
- Submit availability schedule to Operations Manager by the 15th of each month.
- Must be able to mix basic cocktails
- Must frequently communicate and express oneself with patrons at the bar area
- Must be able to remain in a standing position a majority of the time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs from shelving/carts to waist height or bar level
Constantly operates a data touch screen
Please send your resume and cover letter to Margaret Lehtinen at email@example.com
The Indiana Repertory Theatre is seeking a Carpenter for its 2018-2019 Season of nine productions. Duties will include constructing scenic elements from technical drawings, installation of scenery, rigging, etc. Some on-the-job learning is expected. The position is fully benefitted and starts in late-July and is seasonal. Compensation will reflect the successful candidate’s skills and experience. At the IRT, we believe that diverse ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and traditions enrich the quality of work we present on the stage. We are committed to all forms of diversity in all areas of our work. Send resume & cover letter and/or questions to Chris Fretts, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Carpenter Search” in the subject line.
The INDIANA REPERTORY THEATRE is currently accepting resumes for over-hire positions in all production departments. The IRT is a mid-sized LORT (C & D Stages) theatre, producing a wide variety of existing and new work for adults and children (currently 9 productions) located in downtown Indianapolis. Positions include: scenic carpentry, upholstery, scenic artistry, cabinetmaking, rigging, costume construction, pattern making, electrics, audio engineering, projections, stage management, production assistants, etc. Please send your resume to email@example.com and include the words “Resume Submission” in the subject line or mail them to the theatre – our address is at the bottom of the page. At the IRT, we believe that diverse ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and traditions enrich the quality of work we present on the stage. We are committed to all forms of diversity in all areas of our work.
MASTER CARPENTER: Indiana Repertory Theatre is seeking a Master Carpenter for its 2018-2019 Season of nine productions. Duties will include constructing scenic elements from technical drawings, installation of scenery, rigging, leading construction and installation projects, etc. The position is fully benefitted and starts in late-July and is seasonal. Compensation will reflect the successful candidate’s skills and experience. At the IRT, we believe that diverse ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and traditions enrich the quality of work we present on the stage. We are committed to all forms of diversity in all areas of our work. Send resume & cover letter and/or questions to Chris Fretts, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Master Carpenter Search” in the subject line.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre’s annual Equity Principle/General Auditions were held on March 19 & 20, 2018. Show-specific auditions are by invitation only.
If you were unable to attend the open auditions but would like to be considered for the 2018-2019 season, please email your materials to email@example.com.
IRT is pleased to announce youth audition dates for our 2018 production of A Christmas Carol!
WHO CAN AUDITION?
Young actors ages 8-18 years old. Children of all cultures and ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
WHEN ARE AUDITIONS?
Fall auditions will be held on August 13th and 14th at 5:30PM and 6:30PM.
Callback auditions from both sessions will be held on August 15th from 5:30-7:30PM.
Note: Young actors who audition in the spring may choose to audition again in the fall.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
Auditions will be a combination of group activity and individual performance.
Click here for full details of what young actors should prepare and bring to the audition.
WHO WILL BE IN THE AUDITION ROOM?
Ben Hanna, IRT's Associate Artistic Director and director of this year's production of A Christmas Carol, will lead the audition. Actors will be in the room with other auditioners and at least one other IRT staff member.
WILL I GET FEEDBACK ON MY AUDITION?
No. This is a casting audition only. For a chance to work with IRT to improve your skills alongside professional artists, check out our Summer Youth Workshops program.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR A CHRISTMAS CAROL IF I'M CAST?
Click here for important dates for young actors to be aware of throughout the run of A Christmas Carol. Please note that performances of the show occur during the school day and may require permission from your school or district to participate. More information about the performance schedule will be available at the audition.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To arrange an audition time, contact Seema Juneja at 317.635.5277 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to share contact information for both the child and parent and a preferred start time of 5:30 or 6:30. Space is limited, so secure your audition slot now!
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have questions still unanswered by the downloadable documents above, contact Seema Juneja at 317.635.5277 or email@example.com.
Interested in getting involved as an usher at the IRT? Volunteer to usher at any of our performances throughout the year and receive access to watch the performance you usher.
Already an usher? Log in here.
If you would like more information or want to be registered as a new volunteer please send an email to House Manager Heather Uuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need immediate usher information during business hours, please contact Randy Talley, Executive Assistant, at 317.916.4801 or email@example.com.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre internship program offers an exciting opportunity for college and graduate students to gain professional experience by: working side-by-side with extraordinary artists, administrators, and technicians.
- being actively involved in the production of world-class theatre among a variety of departments.
- partnering with each student, university, and department to develop a course of study that best meets the needs of all parties.
- delivering experienced-based, hands-on learning opportunities that provide the necessary skills to become a viable candidate in a highly competitive field
ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIPS (AVAILABLE FALL, WINTER, SPRING)
Company Management | Development and Fundraising | Dramaturgy | Education | Patron Services | Marketing Sales and Communications
PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPS (AVAILABLE FALL OR SPRING)
Costuming | Electrics | Properties Production Management | Scenery | Scenic Art | Sound | Stage Management
Summer Youth Workshops
APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP
To apply for an internship, please fill out the form below.
For internships during the academic year, applicants must be enrolled for credit in a college or university to be eligible. For summer internships, applicants must be enrolled for credit in a college or university for the upcoming semester to be eligible.
Deadline for Fall/Summer internships: April 1st
Deadline for Winter/Spring internships: December 1st
For more information, please contact Randy D. Pease at 317.916.4842.
ABOUT INTERNSHIPS AT THE IRT
Internships are individually designed for each student and IRT works with interns and advisors when necessary to develop a course of study which best reflects the needs of the participant and the department. Department heads will give interns tasks and challenges that will provide direct support to our day-to-day activities. The IRT internship program is designed to be an experienced based, hands-on learning opportunity providing the skills necessary to be a viable candidate in a highly competitive field. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a college or university to be eligible.