Employment & Auditions
Position Title: Assistant House Manager
Reports To: House Manager
Status: part-time hourly; seasonal
Indiana Repertory Theatre is seeking a few outstanding individuals for part-time seasonal Assistant House Managers. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with the public. This position requires the availability to work Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays through June 3, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive an hour and a half before curtain time.
- Responsible for delivering excellent customer service and meeting the needs of all patrons.
- Check restrooms for cleanliness before shows and after intermission.
- Make sure all doors are unlocked.
- Close doors before Acts, open them after.
- Check that house is clean.
- Scan tickets.
- Help patrons find their seats, restrooms, etc.
- Prepare programs and manage distribution.
- Maintain the image of the Grand Lobby and all public areas; communicate with housekeeping as necessary to ensure a clean environment.
- Work with house manager to resolve any patron issues.
- Assist managing volunteer ushers.
- Have a working knowledge of ticket-scanning equipment, hearing impaired devices, walkie-talkies, emergency exits.
- Assist house manager with emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Margaret Lehtinen at email@example.com
The INDIANA REPERTORY THEATRE is currently accepting resumes for over-hire positions in all production departments. The IRT is a mid-sized LORT (C & D Stages) theatre, producing a wide variety of existing and new work for adults and children (currently 9 productions) located in downtown Indianapolis. Positions include: scenic carpentry, upholstery, scenic artistry, cabinetmaking, rigging, costume construction, pattern making, electrics, audio engineering, projections, stage management, production assistants, etc. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Resume Submission” in the subject line or mail them to the theatre – our address is at the bottom of the page. At the IRT, we believe that diverse ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and traditions enrich the quality of work we present on the stage. We are committed to all forms of diversity in all areas of our work.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre’s annual open auditions were held on March 27 & 28, 2017. These auditions constitute the IRT’s Equity Principal Auditions for the 2017-2018 season. Show-specific auditions are by invitation only.
Open auditions for the 2018-2019 season will be announced in March or April 2018.
Open auditions are by appointment only each spring. Open auditions are principally for members of Actors Equity, but we may be able to see non-AEA members who wish to audition, time allowing. We will only see actors who are eighteen years of age or older. Auditioners are asked to prepare a contemporary and a classical monologue totaling no more than three minutes and bring a resume with up-to-date contact information and two copies of a photo/headshot.
Interested in getting involved as an usher at the IRT? Volunteer to usher at any of our performances throughout the year and receive access to watch the performance you usher.
Already an usher? Log in here.
If you would like more information or want to be registered as a new volunteer please send an email to House Manager Heather Uuk at email@example.com. If you need immediate usher information during business hours, please contact Randy Talley, Executive Assistant, at 317.916.4801 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre internship program offers an exciting opportunity for college and graduate students to gain professional experience by: working side-by-side with extraordinary artists, administrators, and technicians.
- being actively involved in the production of world-class theatre among a variety of departments.
- partnering with each student, university, and department to develop a course of study that best meets the needs of all parties.
- delivering experienced-based, hands-on learning opportunities that provide the necessary skills to become a viable candidate in a highly competitive field
ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIPS (AVAILABLE FALL, WINTER, SPRING)
Company Management | Development and Fundraising | Dramaturgy | Education | Patron Services | Marketing Sales and Communications
PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPS (AVAILABLE FALL OR SPRING)
Costuming | Electrics | Properties Production Management | Scenery | Scenic Art | Sound | Stage Management
Summer Youth Workshops
APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP
To apply for an internship, please fill out the form below.
For internships during the academic year, applicants must be enrolled for credit in a college or university to be eligible. For summer internships, applicants must be enrolled for credit in a college or university for the upcoming semester to be eligible.
Deadline for Fall/Summer internships: April 1st
Deadline for Winter/Spring internships: December 1st
For more information, please contact Randy D. Pease at 317.916.4842.
ABOUT INTERNSHIPS AT THE IRT
Internships are individually designed for each student and IRT works with interns and advisors when necessary to develop a course of study which best reflects the needs of the participant and the department. Department heads will give interns tasks and challenges that will provide direct support to our day-to-day activities. The IRT internship program is designed to be an experienced based, hands-on learning opportunity providing the skills necessary to be a viable candidate in a highly competitive field. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a college or university to be eligible.