Employment & Auditions
SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Director of Marketing & Sales
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Graphic Designer provides consistent high-quality design, ensures brand continuity across all of the IRT’s materials and communications, and works closely with all departments, as well as printers, ad representatives, actors, donors, and patrons.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and update the standards of IRT’s visual brand
- Establish and meet deadlines for internal and external printed and digital Marketing materials including programs, season and single ticket campaigns, direct mail pieces, and advertising; Development (fundraising) design needs including newsletters, appeal campaigns, invitations, and annual reports; and Education brochures and postcards for programs and performances
- Design and maintain content on the IRT’s website
- Manage creation of all institutional signage
- Work with the Marketing department to support play-specific collaborations and events
- Organize shot lists for production and archival photo shoots
- Work closely with the Marketing team and freelance designer to schedule and execute print and digital needs
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Marketing & Sales
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, or other Design related field.
- Required 3-5 years of professional, related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Expertise in MAC OS; Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with web and mobile content management systems (such as eRube or WordPress)
- Expertise in packaging projects for print and designing graphics for digital
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proofreading skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work without supervision and take ownership in a fast-paced work environment
- Photography experience preferred
- Videography experience encouraged
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must communicate and express oneself with staff or vendors over the telephone or other electronic communication devices
- Must be able to sit at a work station for extended periods of time
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Danielle M. Dove, Director of Marketing & Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: IRT Graphic Designer Position. No calls, please.
The INDIANA REPERTORY THEATRE is currently accepting resumes for over-hire positions in all production departments. The IRT is a mid-sized LORT (C & D Stages) theatre, producing a wide variety of existing and new work for adults and children (currently 9 productions) located in downtown Indianapolis. Positions include: scenic carpentry, upholstery, scenic artistry, cabinetmaking, rigging, costume construction, pattern making, electrics, audio engineering, projections, stage management, production assistants, etc. Please send your resume to ProductionJobs@irtlive.com and include the words “Resume Submission” or “Overhire” in the subject line or mail them to the theatre – our address is at the bottom of the page. At the IRT, we believe that diverse ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and traditions enrich the quality of work we present on the stage. We are committed to all forms of diversity in all areas of our work.
Casting is complete for the 2020-2021 Season.
Information on future audition opportunities at Indiana Repertory Theatre will be posted on this page in the coming months.
Show-specific auditions are by invitation only.
If you have any casting-specific needs please contact email@example.com.
No youth auditions are currently scheduled. When a production calls for young actors, information will be posted on this website.
If you have questions about youth classes or student matinees please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in getting involved as an usher at the IRT? Volunteer to usher at any of our performances throughout the year and receive access to watch the performance you usher.
Already an usher? Log in here.
If you would like more information or want to be registered as a new volunteer please send an email to Manager of Public Operations Margaret Lehtinen at email@example.com.
SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT
The Indiana Repertory Theatre internship program offers an exciting opportunity for college and graduate students to gain professional experience by: working side-by-side with extraordinary artists, administrators, and technicians.
- being actively involved in the production of world-class theatre among a variety of departments.
- partnering with each student, university, and department to develop a course of study that best meets the needs of all parties.
- delivering experienced-based, hands-on learning opportunities that provide the necessary skills to become a viable candidate in a highly competitive field
Available internships will be listed in the space below. Follow the directions outlined in the internship description to apply. Please note that unless otherwise specified, IRT internships are unpaid, and do not include housing.
In the event that no internships are currently available, you can address general internship inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.