As part of its commitment to the community, IRT provides continuing education opportunities for youth and adults. In Classes at IRT, professional artists and highly-trained staff provide a safe, supportive, and fun atmosphere that immerses students into the process of theatre. Explore, discover, and create with us! Learn more below about the classes program and our current offerings.
About Classes at the IRT
- All classes are held at Indiana Repertory Theatre. (140 W Washington Street)
- Registration for classes closes 48 hours before the first session.
- All registration fees must be paid prior to the start of the first class in a session.
- $25 of your registration fee is a non-refundable deposit. Cancellations and refunds (minus deposit) may be requested up to 24 hours before the start of the first class in a session.
- No refunds will be issued should a student choose not to complete a session after the start of classes.
- IRT reserves the right to cancel any class. A complete refund will be made in the event of a cancellation.
- IRT reserves the right to make changes in instructors, schedule, check-in or dismissal as deemed necessary by the IRT production schedule. Students and guardians will be notified of any changes.
- IRT season ticket holders receive a 10% discount on tuition to any IRT Class! Register by phone at the number below to take advantage of this offer.
For questions, or to register by phone, contact Sarah Geis at 317.916.4841.
Join IRT for Fall Classes! Whether you're looking to give performing a first shot or brush up on your skills, our instructors are prepared to meet the needs of each new group of students. Using a variety of methods, including theatre games, monologue work, and scene study, our classes will help you improve your practice. Fall classes will be held on Mondays beginning September 16th. Information about age ranges, content, and costs is below. Online registration is available now!
To register for classes, please click here.
Adult Acting Workshop
Ages 18+ | Mondays from Sept. 16th – October 21st | 6:30 – 8:30 PM
A compelling audition includes dynamic monologues of multiple styles. In this class, actors will explore strategies for choosing and preparing the right piece for your next audition. Perfect for new actors working to build experience and those actors continuing to fine-tune new material. This is a great way to prepare for IRT General Auditions in the spring! Led by Teaching Artist and actor Ashley Dillard (IRT credits include: A Christmas Carol, Noises Off, and Romeo & Juliet).
Intro to Improv
Ages 13 – 17 | Mondays from Sept. 16th – October 21st | 6:30 – 8:00 PM
In this class for teens, students will learn the basics of improv, including techniques on how to think on your feet, work with a scene partner, and develop your stage presence and problem-solving skills. Students will unlock their creativity through games and exercises to build their confidence as performers. This class is appropriate for both beginning and experienced young actors. Led by Teaching Artist and Act A Foo Improv Crew member Daniel Martin.
Youth Acting Class
Ages 8-12 | Mondays from Sept. 16th – October 21st | 5:00 – 6:30 PM
In this class for young actors, students will learn physical and vocal techniques professionals use to create bold, memorable characters on stage. This class will build confidence in young performers no matter what their next role is! Youth Acting Class is appropriate for both beginning and experienced young actors.
A limited amout of financial assistance is available for the IRT Classes programs. To inquire about application for financial assistance, please contact Sarah Geis, Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information
If you have questions about IRT's Classes program, contact Sarah Geis, Education Manager at email@example.com.