Local Street Closures
- New: From January 17-27, 10th Street will be closed between College and Highland avenues for overhead bridge work. Vehicles will be detoured to 16th Street.
- Delaware Street structural rehabilitation will continue until spring, as Fort Wayne Avenue is converted from one-way traffic to two-way. In the first phase, Fort Wayne Avenue between Delaware and Alabama Streets will convert from a one-way to two-way street with resurfacing and striping. At a later date, Fort Wayne Avenue will become two-way from Delaware to Pennsylvania Streets.
- Multiple streets are experiencing lane closures through October 2022 due to construction surrounding Gainsbridge Fieldhouse:
- Pennsylvania Street: Left lanes are closed south of Maryland Georgia streets
- Delaware Street: Left lanes are closed north of the CSX tracks to Maryland Street
Market Street Updates
- New: Market Street is closed between Davidson and Pine streets for bridge demolition through February 4. Traffic is detoured to Washington Street.
North Split Updates
- Michigan Street will close between Pine and Davidson streets through January 17.
- The ramp from Delaware and 11th Street to I-70 eastbound is now closed. This closure will be in effect for approximately two months.
- Now - January 25, weather permitting, the ramp from Meridian/11th Street to Delaware Street will experience daytime lane restrictions Monday through Thursday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. Both the right-hand and left-hand lanes at the intersection of Meridian and 11th Street will be closed as crews work to improve overhead traffic signals. Motorists will be directed to the center lane to progress through the intersection.
- Lewis Street remains closed under the interstate for drainage structure installation, which is anticipated to continue through early February, weather permitting.
- The I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp to Ohio Street is closed until further notice. The newly constructed C/D exit to Michigan Street, which opened Oct. 10, will remain open during the Ohio Street ramp closure.
- Davidson Street is closed between Market and Washington streets to increase safety for motorists using the Washington Street exit.
- For updates and details on traffic redirection, visit www.northsplit.com.
IU Health Utilities Relocation
- Indiana University Health is preparing to develop a world-class medical facility in downtown Indianapolis. To begin clearing and preparing the project area for the new facility, existing utilities must be relocated. Complex underground construction work will run now – March 2022. More details about the resulting road closures and phases of construction can be found below:
- A portion of Missouri Street and 16th Street now – Jan. 25, 2022
- The intersection of Capitol Avenue and 16th Street from Dec. 22, 2021 – Jan. 25, 2022
- A portion of Capitol Avenue from Dec. 22, 2021 – March 7, 2022
- West 16th Street in front of Methodist Hospital's emergency department will close to traffic until January 2022. To provide access during construction, a temporary access road has been created so patients and ambulances can continue to access Methodist Hospital's emergency department. To see how to navigate this new access road, watch this video.
- For more information about this project and upcoming road closures, please visit https://iuhealth.org/about-our-system/building-on-our-promise
Traffic alerts provided by Downtown Indy, Inc.