Indy 500 Race Week Street Closures
- New: Monument Circle will experience multiple closures on May 23 for HandleBar Hot Lap:
- Southwest quad of Monument Circle from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Monument Circle and all spokes from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- New: Multiple streets will experience partial and total closures on May 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the American Legion 500 Festival Memorial Service:
- Total closure of Michigan Street between Pennsylvania Street and Meridian Street.
- Total Closure of North Street between Pennsylvania Street and Meridian Street.
- East lane of Meridian Street.
- West lane of Pennsylvania Street.
- New: There will be multiple closures May 26-27 for the AES 500 Festival Parade. Click here for a detailed visual with affected Downtown streets and timing.
- New: Multiple rolling street closures for the 2023 Bike to the 500 will affect the northwest portion of Downtown on May 28 from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Water Way Boulevard between The AMP at 16 Tech and Indiana Avenue.
- Indiana Avenue between Waterway Boulevard and 10th Street.
- 10th Street between Indiana Avenue and Porto Alegre Street.
- Porto Alegre Street between 10th Street and Michigan Street.
- When traveling Downtown, please note that the North Split, including all I-65 Northbound and Southbound lanes, has reopened.
Local Street closures
- New: W. Wabash Street between Illinois Street and Capitol Avenue will be completely closed on May 25 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for the Indianapolis Bar Foundation Block Party.
- The west side of College Avenue will be restricted for Phase 1 of new construction through June 2023. Phase 2 will commence early summer and conclude November 2023.
- Market Street between Alabama Street and Delaware Street will be closed on May 24 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for The Original Farmer’s Market. This is a recurring event every Wednesday that will conclude in October.
- The eastbound traffic lane on W. Market Street between Illinois Street and Monument Circle will be completely closed for building construction until further notice.
- Meridian Street from Arizona Street to just south of Morris Street is closed until further notice for Old Southside neighborhood improvements.
- The left lanes of Delaware Street are closed north of the CSX tracks to Maryland Street until further notice for construction surrounding Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
- Vermont Street will remain closed at the North Split for paving through late May. Motorists traveling eastbound on Vermont Street will detour to New York Street. Traffic on westbound Vermont Street will detour to Michigan Street.
- The North Split, including all I-65 Northbound and Southbound lanes, as reopened.
- The I-65 Southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp, Ohio Street exit ramp, and Meridian/Pennsylvania exit ramp will remain under construction until the end of May.
- For updates and details on traffic redirection, visit www.northsplit.com.
IU health closures
- Closures for new hospital construction until further notice:
- Intermittent lane closures along the south side of 16th Street between Senate and Capitol Avenues.
- Intermittent lane closures will impact Senate Avenue between 16th Street and the Indiana Kidney Institute parking lot.
- Closures for Capitol View construction until further notice:
- 15th Street is restricted between Byram Place and Illinois Street
- Intermittent closures along 14th Street between Capitol Avenue and Byram Place.
- Full closure along 15th Street between Capitol Avenue and Byram Place.
- Closures for construction activity until further notice:
- Full closure on 14th Street between Missouri Street and Capitol Avenue.
- Senate Avenue between 13th Street and the Indiana Kidney Institute parking lot is closed.
- Closures for IU School of Medicine construction work until further notice:
- Full closure of 14th Street.
- Full lane closures are expected along Lafayette Street between 16th Street and 14th Street.
- A permanent closure of 15th Street between Senate Avenue and just east of the Neuroscience Center Drive is in place.
Traffic alerts provided by Downtown Indy, Inc.