500 Festival Street Closures
- New this Friday: Vermont Street between Delaware and Meridian streets will be closed Friday, May 27 at 10 a.m. through Saturday, May 28 until 6 p.m.
- New this Saturday: Most streets south of 15th Street and north of Washington Street - and west of Delaware to Illinois will close Saturday, May 28 between 6-7 a.m. until between 2-3 p.m. for the AES Indiana 500 Festival Parade See closure maps below.
Local Street Closures
- New: Monument Circle’s Southeast Quad will be closed Tuesday, May 24 from 2-9 p.m. for a private event.
- New: The South Half of Monument Circle and Meridian Street from Washington Street to the Circle will be closed Wednesday, May 25 from 5-10:30 p.m. for an IndyGo/Allison Transmission Flex Bus Reveal event.
- New: Monument Circle and all four Spokes will be closed Saturday, May 28 from 3 p.m. through Noon on Monday, May 30 for the GUMBALL 3000
- West Market Street between Monument Circle and Illinois Street is closed to east-bound traffic until further notice.
- Illinois Street – Right lanes are closed until further notice between Washington Street and Market Street.
- Delaware Street – Two lanes will be closed to remove underground streetcar tracks and then repaving until further notice between Maryland and Vermont streets.
- Market Street from Alabama Street to Delaware Street will be closed on May 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for The Original Farmer’s Market. This is a recurring event every Wednesday that will conclude in late October.
- Multiple streets are experiencing lane closures through October 2022 due to construction surrounding Gainsbridge Fieldhouse:
- Pennsylvania Street: Left lanes are closed south of Maryland Georgia streets
- Delaware Street: Left lanes are closed north of the CSX tracks to Maryland Street
- The North Split is closed until further notice and traffic heading from I-65 southbound to I-70 eastbound will be redirected to the new bridge over Lewis Street.
- From now until Fall 2022, College Avenue will be converted to two-way traffic between Market Street and Mass Ave.
- Weather permitting, Lewis Street will be closed between 13th and 16th streets through late May while crews replace drainage structures.
- The I-70 westbound/I-65 southbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp to Ohio Street is closed until further notice. The newly constructed C/D exit to Michigan Street will remain open during the Ohio Street ramp closure.
- Davidson Street is closed between Market and Washington streets until further notice to increase safety for motorists using the Washington Street exit.
- Now to early summer, Delaware/11th Street Ramp to I-70 Eastbound will be closed.
- Now - late May, Ohio Street will be closed between College Avenue and New York Street to allow crews to demolish overhead bridge, drive piles and install new drainage structures.
- For updates and details on traffic redirection, visit www.northsplit.com.
IU health closures
- Closures for Ring Road construction: Missouri Street, just south of the west Neuroscience Center garage entrance to 14th Street.
- Closures for new hospital construction: Anderson and 15th streets between Senate and Capitol avenues will remain closed for the duration of construction activities. Sidewalk closures are expected along Senate and Capitol avenues between 16th and 14th streets.
- Intermittent lane closures due to construction material deliveries will occur until further notice on multiple streets including:
- 15th Street between Capital Avenue and Illinois Street
- 16th Street and Byram Place
- Hall Place
- Illinois Street between 16th and 14th Streets
- Byram Place between 16th and 15th streets will remain closed until further notice for construction.
Traffic alerts provided by Downtown Indy, Inc.