For those of us at the Indiana Repertory Theatre, there's nothing like the power and connectivity of live Theatre. Sitting in a room full of community members, watching a company of actors, feeling hearts beating together, creating community with theatergoers…the experience is unlike anything else. As an IRT patron, we know you feel this too.
And right now, we find ourselves in a powerful pause as we are creatively reimagining what our 2020-2021 season will look like, and researching thoughtful practices for safely reopening. We are finding joy in curating a new season, featuring some of our favorite IRT classics that also give us hope for the future.
In October, we look forward to sharing more details with you about our season. We have heard from many of you and know that some are eager to be back in the Theatre, and others are looking forward to enjoying theatre from the comforts of their home. To that end, we are planning to offer virtual options of every production so that our patrons can select their preferred way to engage with the IRT.
Know that we are also working on additional precautions to ensure that we will welcome patrons back to the Theatre safely, including:
- reducing house sizes to honor social distancing guidelines
- creating a new flow for entering and exiting the Theatre
- installing a new air filtration system
- adding additional cleaning protocols after every performance.
In the meantime, we want you to know that your support means the world to us and is imperative at this time. Here are ways that you can support the IRT now:
- Keep, renew, or purchase your season ticket package
- Please know that we have a season guarantee and are happy to talk to you about any questions or package changes that you have once we announce the new season in October. If you have any questions now, contact the Ticket Office at email@example.com or 317.635.5252.
- Donate to the IRT
- Theatre is one of the most human-driven art forms, a shared, interpersonal connection between artists and audience. The need for your support has never been greater. Please consider making a gift to the IRT, YOUR support makes the mission of the Indiana Repertory Theatre possible!
- Stay tuned to the work that we are creating for you on social media and enjoy IRT at Home! We have curated content for you featuring educational activities for youth, speeches by our local actors, and work from home inspiration with our staff.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Theatre.
Margot Lacy Eccles Artistic Director Janet Allen and Managing Director Suzanne Sweeney